All bookings are subject to our Standard Terms and Conditions as listed below:
Terms and Conditions apply to all training and assessment work undertaken by KJC Driver Training (herein referred to as KJC) and persons acting on behalf of KJC.
- All works conducted by, and on behalf of, KJC will be invoiced at the time of booking. All works are subject to a deposit payment which will be due 7/10 days from the invoice date.
- The invoice will detail the deposit value and due date.
- Deposit payments are non refundable and reflect the costs incurred by KJC for cancelled works.
- Any balance due after deposit will be payable no later than 2 weeks prior to works commencing. Balance due dates will be detailed on the invoice. Where works are invoiced with less than 2 weeks from invoice date to works date full payment will be required within 2 working days of invoice date and no later than 3 working days from works commencing.
- Due dates will be detailed on the invoice.
- Cancelation of booked works will only be considered where 5 clear working days notice is given in person (text messages or email are not accepted).
- Refunds of balance payments will be considered on a case by case basis where 5 days notice has been given.
- Late payments could result in works being cancelled.
- It is the candidates responsibility to ensure correct documentation is supplied when requested and that they have the correct license categories for works booked with KJC.
- Where candidates are taking a DVSA Driving Test driving license numbers will be required no later than 5 working days prior to works commencing in order to confirm and allocate the DVSA Test booking.
- Late supply of this information may result in the test booking being cancelled.
- Candidates must inform KJC of any driving endorsements received either between booking and works commencing or during time spent training with KJC.
DVSA Driving Tests:
- All DVSA Driving Tests will be booked by KJC on behalf of the candidate.
- The DVSA Driving Test fee is included within the invoiced figure for the works.
- It is the candidates responsibility to ensure they have their driving license and part 3a certificates, where appropriate, when they attend for the DVSA Driving Test.
- Failure to produce the license or part 3a certificate when requested will result in the test being cancelled by the DVSA.
- DVSA Tests require candidates to sign a residency declaration stating they have been a full UK resident for a minimum of 185 days. Candidates who do not meet this requirement will be refused a test and will lose their test fee. It is the candidates responsibility to notify KJC if this is an issue prior to commencing training.
- DVSA test cancellations require three clear working days notice. Cancellations within this period will result in the test fee being lost. This includes late cancellations due to candidate sickness. KJC will only be responsible for lost test fees where the instructor has cancelled the test due to vehicle malfunction or sickness.
- The DVSA reserve the right to cancel driving tests due to a number of reasons. In this case the DVSA will compensate the candidate upon completion of the DVSA Out of Pocket Expense Form.
- KJC will not be held responsible for DVSA Driving Tests which are cancelled due to reasons beyond our control.
- Where DVSA Driving Tests are cancelled candidates will be given support in completing a DVSA Out of Pocket Expenses Claim.
- It is the candidates responsibility to achieve the standards required to pass the DVSA Driving Test.
- KJC instructors reserve the right to withdraw use of our vehicles for purposes of the DVSA Driving Test where candidates fail to meet this standard or are deemed to be unsafe.
- KJC do not teach drivers specific routes used for tests. Where necessary KJC will provide familiarisation training on tricky or complex junctions where known problems occur.
- KJC will coach proper driving techniques which are easily transferable into a number of driving situations.
- KJC will not be held responsible if the candidate fails the DVSA Driving Test unless incorrect instruction can be proven in a court of law.
- In the unlikely event you are not happy with the level of service you receive any complaints should be addressed in writing to: KJC Driver Training, 14 Upper Churnside, Cirencester, Glos, GL71AL.
- In order to process your complaint KJC will need you to provide as much detail as possible as to the nature of your complaint along with any supporting evidence you may feel applicable. Where complaints refer to a DVSA Driving Test result a copy of the Driving Test Report should be included along with your supporting evidence.
- Upon receipt of your complaint KJC will reply within 10 working days to acknowledge your complaint and provide an initial response and if possible a conclusion.
- If it isn’t possible to conclude your complaint within this 10 day period KJC will let you know when you can expect a full response and conclusion.
- In line with DVSA Complaints procedure KJC can only consider complaints within a 6 month period from the conclusion of any works completed (ie: 6 months from the DVSA Test Date).
Health and Safety:
- During training works and the DVSA Driving Test the candidate is legally in charge of the vehicle being used and is liable for any fines or charges issued as a result of a motoring offence.
- KJC vehicles may be fitted with forward and/or inward facing dashboard mounted CCTV. Candidates driving may be recorded (both audio and video) for quality, monitoring and safety purposes.
- It is the candidates responsibility to ensure they are medically, physically and mentally fit for the works being conducted. This includes the use/abuse of alcohol or other substances.
- Candidates will be asked to complete the DVSA eyesight test at the start of all works.
Our commitments to you:
- KJC will ensure you are allocated a suitably experienced instructor for your training.
- KJC will provide a legal, roadworthy and fully insured vehicle (and trailer where appropriate) for your training.
- KJC will ensure our best efforts to help you achieve the standards required to take and pass the DVSA Driving Test by coaching proper driving techniques and Highway Code practises.
- KJC will provide a relaxed and friendly environment to help you achieve the best results from your training with us